Monday 28 February 2011

Sugar Pansy by AP

I apologise because this will probably be a very short print review. I am a little busy today. So today I am looking at Sugar Pansy by Angelic Pretty. Here is the main picture of the series from the Angelic Pretty website-

As you can see there are 3 dresses, a skirt, socks, a bow and a bonnet. At first I thought the 2 dresses in the middle were the same dress so I will review just one of them (I think there are only a few very subtle differences anyway).


I decided to review the dress with the tiered skirt. Sometimes with tiered skirts they can appear a little lumpy. This dress is probably one of the nicest tiered dresses I have seen in a long time. The tiers are not too bunched up so it doesn't affect the overall shape as much. This dress also has an interesting bow at the waist. Instead of having a very 3D bow they have experimented with folding instead. The result is a much flatter bow which reminds me of origami. I am not sure if I prefer this sort of bow or not but I like how it is different. There are only 2 other small bows on the front so your attention is more drawn to the main waist bow. The neckline is also pretty. If it had been more square then it may not have worked as well. The sleeves are nice and puffy but not too big. My absolute favourite part of this dress is the pansy shaped lace used.

I don't really know what else to say apart from I think it is really stunning. I would like to see this lace being used again.

An interesting inclusion in this series is this dress-

It is casual and relaxed. Although I probably wouldn't wear it, I would love to see somebody wearing this. It is very different to what I am used to AP releasing. For me personally, I feel it looks a little too much like something you would wear to bed. It is not the sort of dress that you look at and instantly think of lolita. Maybe this dress will appeal to both lolitas and a wider audience. I think I will reserve my final judgement until I have seen it being worn by a few people.

And finally, a print close-up-

An AP print without food! And it is not OTT cutesy! It is sweet but not so much that it will put off the people who dislike AP's more OTT crowded prints. I can definitely see this appealing to more people.

Whilst the dresses are fairly casual design-wise, I get the impression that Angelic Pretty have put a lot of thought in to this series. It is like they have been taking in the opinions of their fans but also the people who may have been put off Angelic Pretty in the past. If you had told me a few months back that I would be using 'casual' and 'Angelic Pretty' in the same sentence, I would have laughed! Will this series be popular? I really hope so.

3 comments:

  1. This is a great review, I agree with what you say about it being more appealing to people who don't like OTT sweet. I found the print a bit too soft for my liking though. Great review! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! It is always good to get some feedback on how well I am doing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I saw this...I was shocked!! "OMG!! Angelic Pretty isn't doing a OTT print!? WOOOW!!"

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...