Friday 5 October 2012

Rose and Lace Fabric- the Bodyline OP Version

Remember that Bodyline skirt I posted a few weeks back? http://luna-rain.blogspot.co.uk/2012/09/bodyline-vs-classical-puppets-rose-and.html 

Well, as I predicted Bodyline have now released an OP version using this fabric. I was kind of hoping they might do a JSK, but you never know, they may release one later. I was pondering which of the designs using this fabric I liked best, what with Classical Puppets releasing a dress using the exact same fabric.



Well this is the Bodyline OP, which is now up on their website. I can't say I am that impressed by it to be honest. I think the V shaped neckline looks odd. Also, there is something about the way the sleeves have been executed that doesn't quite look right. It looks like it will make the shoulder area look a lot wider. Also, the waist area is similar to the Bodyline skirt version. This was something I was a bit unsure of with the skirt design.



After weighing up both of Bodyline's designs and the Classical Puppets dress, I have come to the conclusion that my current favourite is the Bodyline skirt. Whilst I may have been unsure about the waist on the skirt, the OP has the same style anyway. The skirt seems the more attractive option out of the 2.

I am not going to buy the skirt just yet, just in case a JSK comes out (unlikely I know, but a few weeks back we didn't know about the OP and there is still a chance more may come out). When I do eventually commit to buying, I can tell I am going to love this print. I am already thinking up outfit ideas! This design is definitely one of Bodyline's strongest designs out of their recent stuff. I am really looking forward to it.

2 comments:

  1. Is it just me, or is the bust style of the OP in the black colorway reminiscent of a tuxedo? I haven't really seen many OPs like this one. I really hope they come out with a JSK as those are my favorite and I really want to have something in this print. Thanks for posting about this! ^^
    Happy blogging,
    Sarafina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it does look a bit like a tuxedo. I hope they get a JSK too, otherwise I will just get the skirt. I am waiting for a bit, just in case.

      You're welcome :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...