Monday 12 August 2013

Welcome to the Sweet Hexenhaus by Baby the Stars Shine Bright

Today I will be taking a look at a recent release from BABY. This series is called Welcome the the Sweet HexenHaus. It includes 3 dresses (2 printed, which I will be focusing on), a skirt, a chocolate themed blouse, 5 different hair accessories, a cardigan, a bag, 2 pairs of socks, a pass case and a few pieces of jewellery.


This is the Ribbon JSK. The bodice looks fairly well fitted and a decent shape. The straps are a decent width, I would maybe prefer it if they were a tiny bit narrower. The straps are lined neatly with thin lace, which gives a softer finish. The waist area looks a bit plain but considering the amount of bows on the bodice already, it is probably best this way. The lace gives a smart panelled effect to the bodice. The lace looks like your average BABY offering, although there is some cute heart shaped lace thrown in there too, so it doesn't look too plain. The 3 bows on the bodice are a good shape and size. They are spaced quite well and don't look too crowded, although maybe the solid coloured ribbon bows could be a tiny bit smaller. They look cute and overall I don't think they look too OTT. The back has a panel of shirring which is concealed by a ribbon corset. The ribbon has been done very neatly. The skirt shape is lovely. It flares out very well and has a great bell shape to it. It will hold a decent amount of petticoat too. The skirt is kept free of clutter and so the print is displayed beautifully. The bottom hem is then finished with a line of ribbon, which is slightly shiny but doesn't look too bad, and then a line of good quality lace. 


This is the Pearl JSK. The bodice shape is a bit basic and the material looks a bit baggy in the stock photos. So it may not be the best fit. The straps are a good width for the dress. I like the use of stripy ribbon too as it is a nice contrast. The striped waist area is nice too because despite the horizontal stripes, it still nips the waist area in well. I really dislike the waist bow though and I am glad it is detachable, as I think the dress looks a whole lot better without it. The waist bow is very big and looks very droopy. It hangs very sadly on the dress. The bow design is also very simple, despite the use of lace. Overall, it just looks sloppy. But when it is detached the dress looks a whole lot better. When detached the dress has a more mature and elegant look to it in comparison to the other JSK. I really like the use of bows on the bodice. The 3 stripy bows are a good size and shape. I especially like how the one on the right of the picture has slightly longer tails too so it has a bit of variety. They are also positioned well and don't look too crowded. The pearl chain is a nice finishing touch, although I wish that one end wasn't dangling down the dress like it is and could have maybe be done a bit better. The nice looking lace along the neckline is neat and tidy and sits well. The back has a panel of shirring which is very neatly concealed by a ribbon corset. The skirt is very full and plump. I like how rounded it is, although I maybe prefer the skirt shape on the other JSK more. It will hold a decent amount of petticoat though. Despite the sloppy waist bow, the print is not obscured in any way by cluttering details and so it is displayed brilliantly. The bottom hem is then finished off neatly with good quality lace.


And here we have part of the print close-up. This print is available in ivory, pink, mint and brown. These are all standard chocolate print colours and all 4 colours do work well. I think I like the pink version slightly less than the other 3 though. I think the print itself is pretty cute. I especially like the trees made of gingerbread. In fact, all the trees look good enough to eat! I love how instead of fruit, they are decorated with sweets. The boy and girl are drawn well too. Although I find the rabbits cute, at the same time I think they look slightly derpy looking. The borders made up of chocolate lace are an interesting idea and are drawn very well. I like the chocolate brick background too. Overall, this is a very cute print.


I am not a huge fan of the jewellery from this series. It feels very flat and cartoonish. I think something a bit more realistic and solid looking would be better. I usually quite like BABY's jewellery but this jewellery appears a bit lower in quality to usual.

Usually Angelic Pretty rule when it comes to chocolate themed items but I still think this is a good effort from BABY. The print is sweet enough and is interesting. I am very torn about the dresses though. I like the bodice of the Pearl JSK but I like the skirt on the Ribbon JSK. I suppose I slightly prefer the Pearl JSK because I like the more mature appearance, although it is not without its faults. I think ivory is the best colour. Personally, the jewellery is not to my tastes though. But overall, I have a good feeling about this series.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...