Thursday 5 September 2013

Frock On!

The Tea Party Club is 6 years old and this meant another huge London lolita event! This year Kyra, Michaela and a load of volunteers organised Frock On! for the weekend of 31st Aug/1st Sept. With even more lolitas attending this year, it was guaranteed to be packed full of fun and lots of beautiful outfits. I was there for the Saturday event with some of my fellow Oxfordshire Lolitas and here is what we got up to. Some of my pictures didn't come out that good but hopefully this post will give a good idea of what the event was like.


This year the shopping area was so big! All the stalls were packed together quite closely in the room to make room for it all. I had a very hard time trying to decide what I should spend my money on. If I was able to buy every single thing I wanted I reckon I could have easily spent well over £1000! But that is not all... there was also the Bring and Buy. The Bring and Buy had loads of dresses in it. I was a tiny bit disappointed that there wasn't more brand jewellery available but I was able to come out with a BABY dress and some other bits. 



The hotel was so beautiful. Can you believe this picture of me was taken in the toilets!? It really comes to something when even the toilet area is bigger than your entire house! It was the perfect location. I wouldn't mind spending a night or two here!

This was my outfit for the Saturday event. I wore my beloved Midsummer Night's Dream dress by Alice and the Pirates. I teamed the navy with a few different shades of lavender and purple, including my AP chiffon blouse, lots of fake flowers and my Cambridge satchel. My goals for this outfit were to make sure all the colours worked together and to stick as many fake flowers on myself as possible! I also wore my new Bodyline wig (which I forgot to review on here in the run-up to the event). Sadly, I don't think this wig is as nice as my other Bodyline wig as it tangles easily, but I love the colour and length. 


But that's not all! I also modelled for HaeNuLi in the first fashion show. I got to wear the Little Prince print in the Fantasia colour. I don't think the pictures really do this dress justice. The print is gorgeous in real life. When I first found out I got picked by HaeNuLi I had this strange feeling I would end up wearing Little Prince and I was right! The dress and matching bow was teamed with a blouse by Lady Sloth and the rest are items from my own wardrobe. I was meant to be wearing matching space tights but they seemed to go missing (you should have seen how many boxes Kyra brought with her).



One of the perks of being a model was that we got to see what everybody else was wearing too. I have been dying to talk about this new Juliette et Justine rabbit dress for weeks but we were made to keep it secret! It is so beautiful and the matching socks are amazing too. I would definitely keep an eye out for this one.


Later on in the day there were various work shops and Michaela's Fashion Fix. Michaela and Kyra faced off against each other with Michaela representing off-brand and Kyra representing brand. They had various themes and the audience had to cheer for which outfit they liked best. The end result was a draw! 


There was also a panel with all the attending designers. I felt it was a shame they didn't get much time to talk and maybe some more questions would have been better, but the schedule was quite packed. Hitomi from Grimoire was very lovely in person. She knew some basic English and was able to help run her Grimoire stall in the shopping area. A lot of the models got to talk to her at the rehearsal too. Some girls showed her pictures of themselves visiting the Grimoire shop in Japan and Hitomi recognised some of the girls!

Later on there was a raffle. This year I won some colouring in pages but I didn't recognise the name of the company on them. Some people won dresses and entire outfits from some of the attending brands, which is amazing! 


I opted for the VIP ticket and got given this goody bag. It contained a lot of postcards, a few accessories, the tote bag and a Japanese kitkat. I think the kitkat was peach flavoured? It was very nice, whatever it was. My favourite part was the postcard drawn by Minori. Minori was unable to attend Frock On! but she left a message for attendees on the back of her postcard. Her artwork is beautiful.


This is my haul from the event. I mainly purchased things from the Bring and Buy. My biggest purchase was the BABY Bunny Milk and Snow Strawberry JSK. It is one of my dream prints (I have 9 dream prints left to go!) and my top colour choice. Now before my regular readers say "Luna! I thought that you are meant to hate that little pom pom trim, like at the bottom of that dress!",  this is one of the rare occasions where I actually think it works quite well! The pom pom trim matches the print theme really well. I do usually hate pom pom trim but this time around I am happy to make an exception. 

I also got a sailor cutsew from Cherie Cherise, an AP top from the Dreamy Bows stall, an Innocent World umbrella (from a stall where the prices were expensive, but I liked the umbrella anyway), a pair of socks from Grimoire that I plan to wear with Midsummer, a bag from the bring and buy and also a bow made by Shalisa from the Oxford group.

I managed to get some videos of the fashion show finales and they are now up on my Youtube channel- https://www.youtube.com/user/LunaRainLolita/videos

The day was absolutely amazing and although my anxiety flared up before the modelling, I was really happy with how things went. My only regret is I was suffering from lack of sleep and didn't get to talk to as many people as I would have liked. But I did manage to get a wonderful new dress and lots of fantastic stuff! Overall I feel the day was a huge success. I wish I could have gone to the Sunday tea party too but that may have been overkill!





2 comments:

  1. It looks like such a beautiful and elegant event. I can't believe that pic was taken in the toilet hehe it's so grand!
    Lovely little haul too :)
    x<3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was beautiful! The hotel staff must have thought we were really strange because we spent so long in the toilets! XD

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...