Thursday 31 October 2013

Ox Loli Halloween Meet 2013- Terror Tuesdays at the Castle!

On Tuesday I hosted this years Oxfordshire Lolitas Halloween meet. I wanted to do something a bit different this year, so I booked us in to one of the Terror Tuesdays being held at the Oxford Castle.


I didn't really leave myself enough time to create an outfit so in the end I recycled a fair bit of my outfit from last year's 'Kuro Bride' outfit. Only, this time I was a witch! My outfit is made up of Bodyline and off-brand pieces. 


Unfortunately, we were not allowed to take photos inside of the castle but that is understandable considering that they want to preserve the castle as much as possible. So I will just have to describe what happened instead! We were led around inside the castle by people wearing ghoulish costumes. Our little tour included being locked in one of the castle's old padded cells (it used to be a prison) and being led down in to the crypts which are meant to be haunted. At one point we got given dust masks, which made for some interesting photos when we got outside. For some reason, my camera thinks that Michelle is a ghost! I think it adds a special touch to the feel of the photos though! I have kept my mask as a memento.

Afterwards we went to the pub (where I ate far too many chips) and then it was time to go home again. The castle was a great deal of fun. I heard a rumour that one year they did ghost hunting in the crypts which I hope they do again some time because I would definitely love to do that. The crypts definitely had a spooky atmosphere when we went in them. Although Michelle grabbing my arm in the dark may have contributed that...

4 comments:

  1. I had a grate time! Although i wouldn't want to go in that cell again D:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! Ha ha can you imagine how small it would be if it still had the padding in there? XD

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...