Thursday 2 July 2015

How I Would Wear It Now- Bodyline Waffle Edition

Do you ever look back at your early outfits and cringe? I am the first to admit it took me a while to figure out my style and I did make some huge mistakes with some of my outfits. I was having a little browse through my old outfits the other day when I came across what I felt was one of my worst outfits. It was with the Bodyline waffle skirt. It was a bit of a hard time for me, as I was still only just staring to build my wardrobe and due to some personal circumstances, I was not really in the best of places and probably should have taken a bit more of a break from lolita. So I turned up in my waffle skirt outfit and years later I am taking a look back at the waffle skirt to see if I can co-ordinate it any better now. It is sort of to prove to myself that I have in fact improved since that time and also, I think it is interesting to see how my style has changed. If you want to go and dig up my old waffle outfit and post it on 4chan then by all means, go ahead. I am trying to focus on the positive and hope my new waffle outfits are an improvement.




This was my first outfit attempt. It is sort of based on several recent outfits of mine. I didn't want to go too outrageous, so I stuck to the red and black colour scheme. I added white because it features on the skirt and makes a good base colour to go with the black. I love berets and the polka dot tights are the same Ebay ones I got a few months ago. I added the necklace because I felt that the waffle theme of the skirt needed to be acknowledged elsewhere in the outfit. I would probably add a red bow ring or perhaps a cherry themed ring to this outfit. There wasn't much canvas room left, so I couldn't include rings in the picture! I would probably wear my hair or wig in pigtails, so I could use the Sugar Trampoline bow clips to decorate my hair. I would probably go for the red bow to help balance out the colours!




After completing the first outfit, I decided I quite liked the slight retro feel. So for this outfit I upped the retro elements a bit more. I am not sure the shoes are quite the right colour, but I thought this style of shoe worked better for this particular outfit. This time I made the cherries a bigger theme, because cherries are quite a popular theme in lolita. I kept the waffle necklace again though.

I am not saying these outfits are perfect but I do feel this is a huge improvement. This does not mean I am now going to go and buy the waffle skirt again. I feel this post was more like "closure". When I started wearing lolita I would buy pieces without really thinking about how I would co-ordinate them and it really showed. One of my biggest newbie mistakes was getting over-excited about my new purchases and wanting to wear them straight away. But I am glad to say I am learning from my mistakes. Maybe I will re-attempt more of my past pieces in the future. It was quite fun trying to compete with my past self!

4 comments:

  1. omg, and i recently sold my skirt! in black
    i had a relationship of love-hate with it, but is so pretty anyway

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a lovely skirt, but I wasn't that confident in co-ordinating when I had it sadly. A part of me wish I had kept it!

      Delete
  2. I'm pretty new at coordinating/Lolita fashion. I've got to say that I really love the waffle skirt. It is my favorite purchase so far. I actually focused on the small amount of strawberries in the print. I like what you came up with, and that waffle necklace is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a great skirt. It has been so long since I sold it that I had completely forgotten it even has strawberries on it! At least strawberry and cherry items are easy to find :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...