Monday 23 May 2016

Wrapping Cherry by Angelic Pretty

Today I shall be taking a look at Wrapping Cherry by Angelic Pretty. This series includes 2 dresses, a skirt, a hair accessory, socks, gloves, 2 bags and a yukata special set.




First up is the JSK. The bodice doesn't look that well fitted and to be honest, I think the shape of the bodice could have been a lot cuter. I really would have liked a softer neckline shape instead of this harsh, straight neckline. The straps are also very thin and look so flimsy. The lace on the straps is really pretty though, with an interesting design and being of good quality. There is a ribbon belt, which emphasises the waist area nicely. However, the ribbon used is very shiny and also has a cheap look to it. The bow in the middle has a cute shape to it and it is a nice size. I really dislike the bodice details. There is a V-shaped line of lace with a fabric heart in the middle. Although the lace is lovely, I think the way it has been used and the cheap looking heart makes it look really tacky. I also wonder how this detailing would look when worn with somebody with a larger bust. The neckline is finished off with more of the shiny ribbon and a bow, which I don't like the shape of. There is a panel of shirring on the back, which has been topped neatly with a ribbon corset. The stock photos show that the skirt is generous in volume and it flares outwards beautifully. The skirt is very full and I love how it looks in the stock photos. The skirt is kept simple in design, so the print is displayed excellently. Finally, the lace s finished off with some heart shaped cherry themed lace. This lace couldn't be any more perfect!




This is the OP. The bodice seems well fitted, although the high waist is not going to suit everybody. The shape of the bodice is cute though. I like how the short sleeves are suitably puffy and the neckline is quite cute too. The sleeves and neckline are lined so well with the lace as well. I like that the sleeve lace is kept narrow and doesn't look overpowering. The neckline lace is so pretty and it sits so well on the dress. I don't like the use of lace along the waistline though. I think the dress design would look a lot smoother without the waist lace, if that makes sense. Also, I don't think it adds much to the design, as the neckline lace is already very decorative. There is also a bow on this high waistline, which once again is very shiny and cheap looking. I also don't think the waist bow has been well positioned. I wouldn't have bothered with the waist bow at all. There is a line of pearls between the waist bow the the bow on the neckline. They don't really stand out or add anything to the design. The neckline bow is cute, but I think the tails are too long. Maybe it could have been a little bit smaller in size. There is a choker, which matches perfectly, although I am not a fan of it personally. I am not really in to chokers! The back offers no shirring, so size flexibility is very limited. The lace on the back looks neat. There is also a heart design on the zip line, but I don't think it is that noticeable unless you are really looking out for it. The stock photos show that the skirt has lots of volume and it flares out really well. I think the overall skirt shape could have been a slight bit rounder though. The skirt is kept dimple in design, so the print is displayed beautifully. The bottom hem is then finished off with the cute lace again.




Finally, this is what the print looks like. This series comes in black, white, pink and red. The colours are good choices for the print, but maybe a bit too 'safe'. Drained Cherry's colours were at least a bit more experimental. As for the print itself, the cherries are adorable and I especially love the heart shaped cherries. Sadly, I think all the writing and hearts in the background make the print look too cluttered. What you have to remember, is that the cherries in the print are actually very big on the dress. If the writing wasn't there, I think the cherries in the print could have been spread out a bit more evenly. If you look at the print on the dresses, the distribution of cherries doesn't quite look right. I would keep the arrows and hearts, but maybe make the hearts a bit smaller in size. I do think the bows on the cherry stalks are cute though. 

So overall, I think this series is okay, but if I am being honest I prefer Drained Cherry. The Drained Cherry print is simpler, as are the dress designs. Wrapping Cherry feels too cluttered for me and there are certain bits of the dress designs which feel too fussy and cluttered. I also hate the use of really shiny looking cheap ribbon! Would I buy this series? No, because as mentioned, I think Drained Cherry is a lot better. My top choice would be the OP in black. Despite my misgivings with this series, I guess I can understand why this series sold so well. It looks cute enough if you ignore the alternatives, and it is always nice to see a berry print which isn't strawberries. I think AP were missing a trick not releasing this before Valentine's Day, but it doesn't seem to have affected its popularity. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...