Monday 17 October 2016

Dreaming of Little Lover by Baby the Stars Shine Bright

Today I shall be taking a look at Dreaming of Little Lover by Baby the Stars Shine Bright. This series includes 2 dresses, a skirt, 2 hair accessories, a blouse and socks.




First up is JSK I. The bodice seems well fitted and the shape is lovely. I was initially unsure about the pointed waistline, but it has grown on me. The straps look a very supportive width and I like that they have been lined neatly with lace on the outsides. I am not overly wowed by the choice of lace, which appears on the straps, neckline and on the bodice, but it is at least of a fairly good quality. It is a lace that Baby likes to use quite a lot, so I guess it always feels a bit nostalgic if nothing else. The bodice features a ribbon corset which is lined neatly on either side with some similar lace, but this lace has golden lines threaded through it, which looks really pretty. It also keeps the sides of the ribbon corset looking tidy. I am not fond of the choice of ribbon for the ribbon corset though. It feels too light and wispy, which results in you not being able to make out the criss-crossed ribbon pattern that easily. Something a bit less transparent could have possibly worked better. Above the ribbon corset there is a semi-circle of lace which is topped with a generously sized bow. The lace is layered well and all the details appear to sit nicely on top of each other. I think the bow is a bit big, but it has a cute shape to it and it holds its shape brilliantly. It is nice having the Baby charm dangling from the centre of the bow as well. The back has a panel of shirring which is topped neatly with a ribbon corset. The stock photos show that the skirt looks very full and nicely rounded. It flares outwards generously and I think there is a lot of potential to create a lovely sweet shape. The skirt is kept simple in design, so the print is displayed perfectly. The bottom hem is then finished off neatly with a double ruffle of glittery tulle, which looks very soft and floaty. 




Here we have JSK II. The bodice seems reasonably well fitted, although I think the bodice shape is a bit dull. I am not that keen on the square neckline. The straps look a very supportive width though. The straps are topped with lace, which then continues down on to the bodice to line a yoke. Again, I think the lace choice is okay, but honestly I think a prettier choice of lace could have been used. I also feel the gathering of the yoke material could have been done neater, or maybe the fabric could have been pleated instead. The bow topping the yoke is a cute shape and sits firmly in place, but I feel this chest bow could be just slightly smaller, especially if the waist bow is left attached. As for the waist bow, it is a bit big and I think the shape of this bow is a bit basic. As mentioned, this waist bow is detachable, and I think I would detach it. I think the dress looks better balanced out when the waist bow is detached. Underneath the yoke, the bodice features 2 small ribbon corsets. These ribbon corsets feature some well spaced out ribbon and more importantly, the choice of ribbon feels more suitable than the ribbon used on the other JSK. These ribbon corsets are also lined very neatly with lace. I really like how these ribbon corsets are very simplistic and subtle in design, so it doesn't overwhelm the yoke. My only complaint is I think the ribbon corsets could do with being placed a bit further apart from each other. The back has a panel of shirring which is once again topped very neatly with a ribbon corset. The stock photos show that the skirt seems to have loads of volume and flares outwards generously. It should hold plenty of petticoat underneath it. This skirt features a bustle on the front, which has well proportioned tiers. The tiers are well layered and sit well on top of each other. I like that each tier is neatly lined with a thin line of lace as well, which is a lovely finishing touch. It stops the tiers bottom hems looking too plain. The overall size and shape of the whole bustle is pretty good as well. Despite the bustle, the print is still displayed beautifully at the sides. The bottom hem is then finished off neatly with a line of boring looking, but good quality lace.




Finally, here is one part of the print...




... and another part. This series comes in pink, sax blue, green and red. The colour choices have that typical Baby look to them and I think they all suit the print very well. As for the print itself, I feel it captures a lot of the sweet sentimental moments of being a lolita. We see the lolita dressing up, displaying what is maybe one of her favourite dresses, a nice afternoon tea scene and holding on to her beloved Usakumya doll. It is all very sweet and done in that typical Baby style. The house almost looks like a dollhouse, and it looks very apt for the lolita we can see inside the house. It is all set out very neatly. I really like the floral background and the roses at the bottom of the print too. It all feels quite romantic and shows off the best things about being a lolita.

So overall I think the dress designs are quite pleasant and the print is lovely. There are perhaps some things I would tweak about both dresses, but nothing too major. The print is adorable too. This is maybe not a print that I would go out of my way to own, but I appreciate the sentiment behind it. My top choice would be JSK I in green. One thing I will say though, is that I think the series name is a bit weird (maybe that is just me). I really hope this series does well for Baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...