Thursday 28 September 2017

Brand Inspired Decor

Work was a bit slow for a couple of days, so to break my boredom I decided to have a bit of a play around and make some brand inspired bedrooms. I don't really have the option to decorate a room based around a brand so I am having to live vicariously through other people's Pinterest boards. Oh well, it was fun doing a bit of window shopping and I enjoyed putting these 'looks' together. Could we maybe pretend that all of the colours match up? These collages are meant more as mood boards rather than finalised room designs. It is really difficult to get things like colour right when you are looking through a laptop monitor! As for further inspiration, I guess I would suggest checking out your local charity shops and maybe checking out antique markets. Sometimes you can find some cute kitsch stuff from a few decades ago which could fit the aesthetic. Touring places such as stately homes can be inspiring if you are a classic lolita. There has been a rise in adults adopting 'childish' (their words, not mine...) culture as well, and you can find some really cute articles which may offer inspiration.

Alice and the Pirates



There were lots of different ways I could have gone with the AatP room, but I remember an old interview (I think it is in one of the English GLBs) where the designer was talking about her inspiration for setting up the brand. I love the idea of Alice from Alice in Wonderland going on adventures beyond Wonderland. So this collage is very piratey. I didn't feel the pirate colours truly reflected the whole AatP 'feel' so I added in some dark red as well. 


Angelic Pretty



Pink, pink and... more pink! My inspiration for this collage came from the actual Angelic Pretty stores in Japan, which are very pink! I also decided to go for a cute, retro look. When I saw the stripy bow shaped cushion, I instantly thought of AP. This being AP, I decided to add a touch of Paris to things as well. Looking at the finished collage, I suppose this is more late 2010 era AP rather than present day AP. Maybe I should try giving that a go... I could see that being a massive challenge though!


Baby the Stars Shine Bright




There is still a touch of the pink, but in more muted tones than AP. I wanted to do something a bit 'dreamy' and soft looking. So I went for light, delicate layers. A lot of my inspiration here came from the print Twinkle Dreaming Princess, which features clouds and bedroom furniture. It just seemed like the ideal print for this collage. Please excuse the rabbit jars, which are not really the right colour. I added them because I thought I couldn't do a BTSSB room without at least acknowledging Usakumya-chan. I love my little Usa pochette, but I know some lolitas out there have massive Usakumya collections. Having a gathering of them piled in one corner of the room is definitely how I envisage a BTSSB room!

Innocent World



This has a more classic, European look. It is well known that the IW designer is a massive Europe lover and her travels have inspired several IW prints. I felt it was only right to acknowledge some of the more popular aspects of Innocent World. So the collage features a deer wall decor to represent Lotta, Fleur de Lis details which crop up in a lot of IW prints, a crown chandelier which is a nod to Grazia Crown and a cherub tray to represent that cherub IW print whose name I can't think of right now. There is also some florals thrown in, because IW do release a lot of floral prints.

Moi Meme Moitie



Out of all the collages, this one was the easiest to do! There are so many pages dedicated to gothic decor, that I was really spoiled for choice. So I tried to go for styles which reflected Moitie. Can you imagine Mana doing a photoshoot in this room? That was my main objective! I feel the bed frame and screen have a similar style to popular MMM gate prints, such as Iron Gate. Obviously, there had to be some vivid blue in there too! The coffin shelving unit is a nod to the old Moitie physical stores, where the changing rooms were shaped like coffins. It is a shame the lining is not blue though!

So this post was really just for fun, but I hope you have all enjoyed it. You may have noticed I didn't do one for Metamorphose... I did try to do one, but it was so all over the place and nothing really complimented anything else. They are so diverse style-wise that it would be hard to do a Meta room without focusing solely on one particular print, which really wouldn't reflect on the brand as a whole. I had a leopard print chaise longe saved and everything! 

2 comments:

  1. I love the AatP room! Everything is just so pretty. But the most amazing thing is the bed in the MMM room...that thing is so amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I think the AatP room is my favourite, or at least it is the one I would most likely want to replicate in real life! There were so many amazing gothic beds but I thought the one I chose for MMM looked identical to one of their prints.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...